At Arizona Sealing Devices, we understand the importance of keeping medical devices and medical research devices operating with very little downtime. To ensure this, we provide the highest quality sealing solutions for the medical industry, including medical O-rings.
Medical Grade O-Rings from Arizona Sealing Devices
We offer medical-grade O-rings using FDA-approved materials that suit the particular needs of your application. Our O-rings are available with -85 °F to 400 °F standard compound temperature and 10 Shore A to 80 Shore A hardness.
Our medical O-rings can be used for hydraulic pressure, rolls, wheels, bumpers, slurry parts, shock absorbers, couplers, and more. They also meet MIL-STD-413C, MIL-STD-105E, and MIL-I-45208A specifications for use in military applications.
Our medical O-rings are designed to withstand the harsh conditions of the healthcare industry while remaining compliant with strict industry standards. These sealing solutions are used within various pharmaceutical, medical, healthcare, life sciences and research applications. Our team of experts can also help with custom solutions; Contact Us to learn more.
Applications and Benefits
Medical O-rings and seals are used in a wide range of medical devices, including drug delivery devices; respiratory devices; and any form of medical equipment that relies on cylinders, pumps, or valves for operation.
Common Applications of Our Medical Grade O-Rings
Our O-rings are often used in applications within machinery in healthcare treatment centers and research facilities alike. Common applications include:
- Cleanroom environments
- Fluid transfer and flow control
- Respiratory equipment, including masks and ventilation
- Fittings, valves, and connectors
- Intubation tubes
Medical O-rings must be made from materials that can withstand chemicals, extreme temperatures, and intense sterilization procedures. Common material examples include:
- FDA Approved Materials. Any O-rings produced for medical applications should be made from an FDA approved material.
- Silicone. Silicone is an FDA-approved material that offers excellent resistance to heat, ozone, solvents, chemicals, and oils. Silicone O-rings also feature good dielectric stability and can maintain flexibility at low temperatures.
- Fluorosilicone. Fluorosilicone O-rings feature great compression set and perform well in both low and high temperatures. Flurosilicone O-rings also offer good resistance to fuel and oil; however, they have low abrasion resistance and are most suitable for static applications.
- EPDM. EPDM is an FDA-approved material that features great resistance to weathering, sunlight, chemicals, and ozone. It also offers good flexibility at low and high temperatures and excellent electrical insulation properties.
- Viton®. A brand name for fluorocarbon, Viton® is a high-performance rubber that offers superior resistance to chemicals, fuels, mineral oil, hydraulic fluids, weather, ozone, high temperatures, and more.
- Nitrile. This is one of the most popular sealing materials, as it offers excellent resistance to petroleum-based fuels and lubricants while remaining cost-effective.
- FFKM. FFKM is most suitable for demanding medical applications due to its chemical resistance, vast temperature range, and long service life.
- Cleanroom. The medical industry has seen an increased demand for O-rings manufactured in a cleanroom environment. This is because cleanrooms prevent dust, airborne particles, pollutants, and other contaminants from causing product flaws and decreasing the service life of the seal.
Our sealing solutions for the medical industry offer a host of advantages, including:
- Suitable for static and slow dynamic applications
- Flexibility for easy integration into various applications
- Available in materials specifically developed for life sciences applications
- Compliant with approvals and standards
O-Rings and Sealing Solutions from Arizona Sealing Devices
For more information about our sealing devices for medical and medical research devices, or to get started on your custom O-ring solution, contact us today. You can also view our product catalog to learn more.